Under customs regulations, persons bringing cargo into the country must complete and submit a “Home Consumption Entry Form” at the time of arrival.
All persons importing cargo on a vessel or aircraft.
- Collect documents from shipping / airline agent.
- Complete relevant forms.
- Present forms and supporting documents to Customs Entry Checking.
- Pay import duties.
- Collect goods.
- Completed Forms.
- Invoices (where applicable).
- Shipping documents (bill of lading / airway bill, any other documents provided by the supplier).
- Agricultural Permit (optional based on items).
- Phytosanitary Certificate (optional based on items).
- For individuals - passport or driver’s license.
- For businesses - valid business license.
This service can be completed within 2 to 24 hours after submission of documents.
Goods not collected within five working days will be transferred to the Government Warehouse.
Processing fees - 1% of C.I.F. Value (min $10.00, max $500.00). Environmental fee ($5.00 - $200.00). The Customs Broker will charge fees for the preparation of your supporting documents.
The Bahamas Customs Department
P. O. Box N 155
Location – Headquarters- Thompson Blvd
Opening Hours: 9 am to 4 pm (Monday to Friday)
Tel. (242)325-6551 – 9
P.O. Box N-155
Nassau, N.P., The Bahamas
Phone: (242) 604-3124 or 604-3125
Fax: (242) 322-6223