Persons such as contractors, persons doing special projects or group conventions, salesmen or amusement park operators can apply for the importation of temporary goods without full duty payment.
- Approved application from the Bahamas Ministry of Finance.
- A completed Bond for the Re-Exportation of goods imported for a temporary use or purpose (CB7).
- Prepare relevant documents.
- Present documents to Comptroller of Customs for approval.
- After examination of goods for verification is complete, pay applicable duties.
- Collect goods.
C41 Form - Application to Import Goods for a Temporary Use or Purpose (Available at the Customs Department)
- Completed transshipment bond.
- Completed required C41 form.
- Invoices (where applicable).
- Shipping / Airline documents (bill of lading / airway bill, any other documents provided by the supplier).
- For individuals - Identification (passport or driver’s licence).
- For businesses - Valid business licence.
2 to 24 hours.
There are no deadlines for this service.
Processing fee 1% of C.I.F. Value (min $10.00, max $500.00) is associated with this service.
The Bahamas Customs Department
P. O. Box N 155
Location – Headquarters - Thompson Blvd
Opening Hours: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
Tel. (242)325-6551 – 9
P.O. Box N-155
Nassau, N.P., The Bahamas
Phone: (242) 604-3124 or 604-3125
Fax: (242) 322-6223