The Commonwealth of The Bahamas welcomes International Investors who wish to establish a business in The Bahamas. All non-Bahamians or Permanent Residents seeking to do business in The Bahamas must submit a Project Proposal to the Bahamas Investment Authority (BIA).
Additionally, from time to time the Government of the Bahamas offers targeted investment incentives for particular types of projects. All non-Bahamians, Permanent Residents or Citizens seeking to access concession pursuant to the Government’s targeted investment incentive must also submit a Project Proposal to the Bahamas Investment Authority (BIA).
There are no requirements for Bahamians to qualify for this service. Non-Bahamians must meet a minimum capital investment of BS$500,000 and the proposed investment must not be in an area reserved for 100% Bahamian participation.
Interested persons must:
- be Non-Bahamian.
- have a minimum investment of BS$500,000.00
- be interested in an area that isn't reserved for 100% Bahamian participation
Submit a Project Proposal, along with supporting documents to the Bahamas Investment Authority.
- The BIA will process the application and submit the same to the National Economic Council for a determination.
- Depending on the nature of the proposed business activity, the relevant Government Ministry or Agency would be consulted for input:
- Ministry of the Environment.
- Ministry of Works and Transport.
- Ministry of Housing.
- Respective Family Island Local Government.
- Once a determination has been made, the BIA will communicate to the applicant in writing.
- Once approval is obtained, the BIA also coordinates with other Government agencies and facilitates the implementation of projects.
A Project Proposal, following the BIA Project Proposal Guidelines
- Copies of Passport
- Bank reference
- Character reference
- Police record
- Copy of application for Crown Land (if applicable)
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Proof of financial capability
There are no fees associated with this service.
Bahamas Investment Authority as the Administrative Arm of the Investments Board
Director of Bahamas Investment Authority
2nd Floor Cecil Wallace-Whitfield Centre
West Bay Street
P. O. Box CB-10980
Tel. (242) 327-5826-9, (242) 702-5500-3
Fax. (242) 327-5806
- Applying for home owner's Resident Card
- Applying for Permanent Residence
- Registering a Time-Share Purchase
- Registering a purchase or acquisition of real property
- Application for permission to purchase or acquire real property
- Applying for Investment Incentive Concessions
- Applying for a Temporary Business Licence
- Filing Business Tax Returns
2nd Floor Sir Cecil Wallace Whitfield Centre
West Bay Street
P.O. Box CB-10990
Nassau, N.P., The Bahamas
Phone: (242) 327-5826-8, (242) 702-5500-3
Fax: (242) 327-5806