On behalf of our Prime Minister, the Right Honourable Perry Christie, the Government and people of The Bahamas, and in my capacity as Minister of Education, Science and Technology and Conference Chairman, it is a great honour and a pleasure to welcome Ministers of Education, from the other 52 member countries of The Commonwealth, and other invited ministers from the region, leaders of regional bodies and, stakeholders in education, who will assemble in The Bahamas for the 19th Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers (19CCEM), 22nd -26th June, 2015 at the Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island.
We look forward to a progressive meeting under the theme, “Quality Education for Equitable Development: Performance, Paths and Productivity” and the opportunity to discuss issues critical to the 2.2 billion citizens of the Commonwealth. The 19CCEM provides us with an excellent opportunity to advance the Post 2015 Global Education Agenda on the heels of the expiration of the Millennium Development Goals and Education For All Goals.
Many voices will be heard at this Conference. In addition to the principal ministerial meeting, the following meetings will be held:
I look forward to a productive and progressive meeting which will have significant impact and improve the quality of education for our people and our world. Finally, we invite you to find time to enjoy our hospitality, fellowship with each other and establish long lasting friendships which will sustain our Commonwealth long after this Conference is concluded.
The Nassau Declaration | 22 – 26 June 2015June 26, 2015The 19th Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers (19th CCEM) was held in Nassau, the Bahamas, from 22 – 26 June 2015. The Conference was opened by... > more
|If this plugin is not showing using Internet Explorer, try a different browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.|
Conference ScheduleSee details...
- COVID-19 Report Update #662 - #665
- Statement by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Tourism, Investments & Aviation, Hon. I. Chester Cooper on 'Somewhere Else' development
- Statement by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Tourism, Investments & Aviation, Hon I. Chester Cooper on Closure of the Hilton
- Remarks By Prime Minister, Right Honourable Philip Davis, Qc, Mp on The Occasion Of Bahamas National Day At Expo 2020 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Maynard-Gibson elected as first female chair of the University of The Bahamas Board of Trustees