Under customs regulation, captains sailing pleasure vessels not carrying cargo and operated for pleasure and recreation only, who are not sailing for reward or remuneration or for business purposes, must provide an inward declaration and apply for a cruising permit in order to sail from island to island within The Bahamas.
Captains sailing pleasure vessels operated for pleasure and recreation only.
- Apply online at GoOutdoorsBahamas.com (complete checkout process including paying with credit card and downloading official completed documents) or download the paper form, fill out by hand, and bring cash.
- Present forms or completed documents to the Customers Officer at the point of arrival at your port of entry in The Bahamas.
- Once the form is processed, a copy of the processed form will be given to you and will serve as your Cruising Permit.
- Inward Declaration and Application for Cruising Permit ( Form C2A)
- Maritime Declaration of Health Form
- Proof of citizenship/Identification for the captain (Passport) and other crew and passengers.
At the time of application once all documents are approved.
This process must be completed within 24 hours after arrival into Bahamian waters. No passengers or crew are to disembark until the process is completed.
There are customs charges based on the size of the pleasure vessel.
- Up to 35 ft in length - BS$150.00
- Over 35 ft in length - BS$300.00
In addition, there is a BS$20.00 per head passenger tax with the first 3 crew / passengers exempt.
The Bahamas Customs Department
P. O. Box N 155
Tel. (242) 325-6551 – 9
Fax. (242 )325-7409
Opening hours: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday, except public holidays
P.O. Box N-155
Nassau, N.P., The Bahamas
Phone: (242) 604-3124 or 604-3125
Fax: (242) 322-6223