The Skills for Current and Future Jobs in The Bahamas program was created to improve the employability of Bahamians and increase access to quality jobs in The Bahamas.
The program includes the Bahamas Apprenticeship Program which consists of an Apprenticeship Program and a Pre-Apprenticeship Program.
The Pre-Apprenticeship Program is a training program that is open to people between 16-26 years old. It provides classroom training and workplace exposure so that pre-apprentices can obtain basic workplace qualifications.
Requirements to apply for the Bahamas Apprenticeship Program - Pre-Apprenticeship Program consists of the below:
- Applicants must be between 16 and 26 years old and provide the documents outlined in the Supporting Documents section of this page.
Applicants must complete an application form to apply for either the apprenticeship or pre-apprenticeship training programs.
The application forms may be submitted online or in person.
- Complete the application form
- Save the form as a PDF with your name in the file name e.g. John Smith - Apprenticeship Application
- Email the completed form and a copy of the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Apprenticeship Application’ as the subject line
- Collect an application form at the Department of Labour office on your island. Please call (242) 302-2550 thru to 302-2562 for more information.
- Submit the application and a copy of the required documents to the front desk at the Department of Labour on Rosetta Street or to the Department of Labour office on your island. Please put your name and ‘Apprenticeship Application’ on the envelope.
- You may also submit the application you have obtained in person and a copy of the required documents to email@example.com with ‘Apprenticeship Application’ as the subject line.
An application form is required to apply for the service. The application form may be obtained here.
Application forms are also available at the offices of the Department of Labour on your island. Please call (242) 302-2550 thru to 302-2562 for more information.
In Nassau, applications are available at the Department of Labour on Rosetta Street.
The below documents are required to apply for the Bahamas Apprenticeship Program’s Apprenticeship Program or Pre-apprenticeship Program:
- Bahamians must provide one of the following:
- Valid E-Passport
- Voter’s card/affidavit
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of Identity
- Non-Bahamians must provide one of the following:
- Belonger’s permit from the Department of Immigration
- Proof of permanent residency
All applicants must provide:
- National Insurance Board (NIB) smart card
- Primary, junior high or senior high school transcripts
- Current police record
The Pre-Apprenticeship Program lasts for 16 weeks.
Applications for the Apprenticeship Program and for the Pre-Apprenticeship Program are received on a rolling basis. Application deadlines and cohort start dates vary.
There are no apprenticeship or pre-apprenticeship training program application fees associated with the Bahamas Apprenticeship Program.