The Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture in partnership with the private sector provides employment opportunities for young people during the summer period. Young persons between the ages of 16 – 26 are employed during the summer in an effort to gain work experience.
Through the Private sector Summer Employment Partnership programme, Organisations interested in employing young persons may submit their request to the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture, Department of Youth. The Department of Youth will review request to ensure that an appropriate match between skill required and personnel is achieved.
Any private sector organisation with a valid business licence. Note, home based offices are not eligible for this programme
- Organisations may collect application forms at the Division of Youth.
- Family Island businesses may submit forms to the Family Island administrator.
- The Division of Youth will then acknowledge receipt of the application by phone.
- The division will review the application to ensure an appropriate match between skill required and personnel.
- The Division of Youth will contact both the business and employee to inform them of the pairing made.
- Valid Business Licence
Private Sector Partnership applications are processed within one month.
Applications must be submitted by May 30th annually.
There are no associated fees.
Ministry of Youth, Sports, and Culture
Department of Youth
Ground Floor West Wing Side
P.O. Box N4891
Nassau, New Providence
Tel. (242) 502-0600
Opening hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, except public holidays
P O Box N-4891
Nassau, N.P., The Bahamas
Phone: (242) 502-0600/5
Fax: (242) 322-6546
EOI - Consulting Services for Environmental, Social & Geotechnical Studies for Resilient Micro-Grids Projects in East Grand BahamaSee details...
State-Recognized Funeral for the late Hon. Mr. Justice (Retired) Rodger Gomez, Sr.Please see the press release from the Cabinet Office...
National Food Policysee details...