The goal of health education in the school system is to provide students with knowledge on topics pertaining to children and adolescents, such as sexuality, personal hygiene, dental care, family life, menstruation and emotions in adolescents. The Resident School Nurse is responsible for directing these educational sessions.
Any school child is eligible.
- Small groups of children (up to 10 are taken together in an informal manner to discuss certain topics).
- A child is seen individually (especially if child has a special health problem - the nurse takes many opportunities to discuss condition with the child).
This varies by topic.
The Department of Public Health
Poncianna Hill Building, Meeting Street
P. O. Box N-3730
Tel. (242) 502-4892
Opening hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, except public holidays
Poinciana Building Meeting & Augusta Street
P. O. Box N 3730
Nassau, N.P., The Bahamas
Phone: (242) 502-4700 or 502-4877
Fax: (242) 502-4711
- AIDS Foundation
- Cancer Society
- Centre for Disease Control
- Crisis Centre
- Government Hospitals (PHA)
- Health Professionals Council
- Heart Association
- International Diabetes Federation
- List of Health Clinics - Family Islands
- List of Health Clinics - New Providence
- Medical Council
- National Drug Agency
- National Health Insurance
- National Insurance Board (NIB)
- Public Complaints