The Fresh Start Programme is a youth employment skills training programme that provides job search skills and training to youth between the ages of 16 to 25. Once enrolled in this programme, participants are exposed to relevant workplace experiences and instructions through a structured training and placement curriculum. The programme covers a variety of personal development and job search topics, geared to afford the young prospective professionals, with the resources, information and tools needed for successful employment and job retention.
Must be a Bahamian citizen or resident, between the ages of 16 and 25.
- Fresh Start Programme forms may be collected at The Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture. Alternatively, you may use the link below to download the application form.
- The applicant must fill out and submit the application form to the ministry, along with all supporting documents.
- Applicants on Grand Bahama may submit their applications to the Family Island Coordinator; however, the Fresh Start Programme is not currently available to the other Family Island at this time.
- The Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture will phone the applicant acknowledging receipt of the application.
- The Department of Youth then informs applicant of the orientation date and the start date of the programme.
- At the successful completion of the fresh start programme participants received a certificate of completion.
- One passport photo
- Current Police Certificate of Character
- Proof of citizenship (Passport or Birth Certificate)
Applications are processed within a period of one month.
There are no deadlines associated with this service.
There are no associated fees.
Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture
Department of Youth
Ground Floor West Wing
P.O. Box N4891
Nassau, New Providence
Tel. (242) 502-0600
Fax. (242) 356-2693
Opening hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, except public holidays
P O Box N-4891
Nassau, N.P., The Bahamas
Phone: (242) 502-0600/5
Fax: (242) 322-6546
EOI - Consulting Services for Environmental, Social & Geotechnical Studies for Resilient Micro-Grids Projects in East Grand BahamaSee details...
State-Recognized Funeral for the late Hon. Mr. Justice (Retired) Rodger Gomez, Sr.Please see the press release from the Cabinet Office...
National Food Policysee details...