The Bahamas, a member of the British Commonwealth, is a 5,358 square mile archipelago of more than 700 islands and 2,400 cays. Ideally located in proximity to the world’s largest and most significant consumer markets of North, South and Central America, The Bahamas combines geographic advantage with business excellence to deliver true investment value.
The Bahamas has one of the most highly educated populations in Western Hemisphere, boasting an adult literacy rate of more than 95 per cent and an English speaking population of more than 300,000.
As much as 24 per cent of the National Budget is allocated to education, exemplifying the true definition of a country that is investing in its youth and its people.
This continuous investment in human capital means The Bahamas offers a large and growing pool of well qualified and highly educated Bahamian talent to the international investor. The country’s highly developed tourism and financial services industries benefit significantly from this pool of talent, as Bahamians combine with international management staff to create a resident expertise that is comparable to anywhere else in the world.
- About The Bahamas
- Bahamas Agricultural and Industrial Corporation (BAIC)
- Bahamas Chamber of Commerce
- Bahamas Development Bank
- Bahamas Financial Services Board
- Bahamas Maritime Authority
- Bahamas Real Estate Association
- Bahamas Telecommunications Company (BaTelCo)
- Central Bank of The Bahamas
- Department of Customs
- Department of Immigration
- International Persons Landholding Act
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Tourism
- Registrar General’s Department
- Securities Commission of The Bahamas