Any individual can get a certified copy of their own or someone else’s birth certificate at the Registrar General’s Department.
There are no eligibility criteria for this service.
To obtain a Birth Certificate, the following steps should be taken:
- Fill out an Application for Birth Certificate form.
- Submit application form to the Births Section of the Registrar General’s Department.
- The Clerk at the Registrar General’s Department will check the births registry database for the person’s information (Name, DOB, Parent’s name, Island of Birth).
- If the information is found, it is printed on a certificate.
- The certificate is then signed by a Senior Officer or the Registrar.
- You will then receive a certified copy of the birth certificate.
Note: At this time, this service is only provided in New Providence and Grand Bahama at the Registrar General’s Department.
- Completed Application for Birth Certificate Form.
A fee of BS$10.00 is charged for this service.
Births Registration Section
Registrar General’s Department
Cor. of Shirley and Charlotte Street
P.O. Box N 532
Tel. (242) 397-9105/8957/9110
Fax. (242) 322-5553
Opening Hours: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday, except on Public Holidays.
#50 Shirley Street
P. O. Box N-532
Nassau, N.P., The Bahamas
Phone: (242) - 397-9143-58
Fax: (242) - 322-5553