After getting married in The Bahamas, a couple may obtain a certified copy of their marriage certificate.
Any person who gets married in The Bahamas.
- Complete an Application for Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate form.
- Submit the completed form to the Marriages Section of the Registrar General’s Department.
- A search will be made for a record of the marriage.
- If found, payment is made and a certified copy is issued.
Note: At this time, this service is only provided in New Providence and Grand Bahama at the Registrar General’s Department.
- Completed application form.
- A valid picture ID.
There is a BS$20.00 fee attached to this service.
Registrar General’s Department
Cor. of Shirley and Charlotte Street
P.O. Box N 532
Tel. (242) 397-9179/9113
Fax. (242) 322-5553
Opening Hours: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday, except on Public Holidays.
#50 Shirley Street
P. O. Box N-532
Nassau, N.P., The Bahamas
Phone: (242) - 397-9143-58
Fax: (242) - 322-5553