Any individual can get a copy of a death certificate.
There are no eligibility criteria for this service.
- Complete the “Application for Death Certificate” form.
- Submit the completed application form to the Deaths Section of the Registrar General’s Department.
- The clerk will check the database for the person’s information (name, date of death, island of death).
- If found, the information is printed on a certificate which is signed by a senior officer of the Registrar.
- A certified copy of the death certificate is then issued.
Note:At this time, this service is only provided in New Providence and Grand Bahama at the Registrar General’s Department.
Completed Application for Death Certificate form.
There is a fee of BS$10.00 for this service.
Death Registration Section
Registrar General’s Department
Cor. of Shirley and Charlotte Street
P.O. Box N 532
Tel. (242) 397-9105/8957/9110
Fax. (242) 322-5553
Opening Hours: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday, except on Public Holidays.
#50 Shirley Street
P. O. Box N-532
Nassau, N.P., The Bahamas
Phone: (242) - 397-9143-58
Fax: (242) - 322-5553