Disabled males and females can access support groups, which provide supportive therapy and counselling.
- The applicant must have some type of disability, that is, blind, physically handicapped, incapacitated, etc.
- The applicant must be earning minimum wage or lower.
- The applicant visits the Disability Affairs Division Office and requests assistance from the Social Services Representative (SSR).
- The applicant is interviewed by the SSR to complete the Intake and Social History Report.
- The SSR then makes a recommendation based on the findings.
- The applicant is informed of the recommendation made about whether or not they qualify for the service.
This service can be accessed at the following location:
Disability Affairs Division
8th Terrace Centerville
Tel. (242) 325-2261
Fax. (242) 356-6228
Opening hours. 9:00am to 5:00pm
All relevant application forms will be completed by the Social Services Representative at the time of application (General Intake Form and National Registry Form).
- Driver’s Licence or Voter’s Card
- National Insurance Card
- Medical Summary Report
This service is free to all eligible persons.
Department of Social Services
Clarence A. Bain Building
Tel. (242) 502-2850 or 326-0526
Fax. (242) 323-8672