Applications can be made by first time homeowners for stamp duty exemptions on their Conveyance and Mortgage Instruments relative to the acquisition of their first time dwelling home.
Must be a first time home owner.
1. Complete the relevant application forms online.
2. Print and sign where required.
3. Return completed forms and all supporting documents to the Stamp Exemption Section of the Treasury Department
Stamp Duty Exemption and Affidavit Forms
- Completed application forms.
- Letter of application.
- A recent appraisal report for your home.
- Copy of your National Insurance Card and relevant pages of passport.
- Copy of the first, signature and backing pages of Conveyance and/or Mortgage Instruments.
- Proof of legal status to reside in the country if non-Bahamian.
- Any other document and/or information that may be requested by the Stamp Exemption Unit.
- Copy of Sales Agreement.
There is no fee associated with this service.
Stamp Exemption Unit
Cor. East Street & North Place
P.O. Box N-7524
Tel. (242) 302-0595-6
Fax. (242) 322-4530
Opening hours: 9:00 am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Agency Contact Info
Cecil Wallace-Whitfield Centre
West Bay Street
P. O. Box N 3017
Nassau, N.P., The Bahamas
Phone: (242) 327-1530/7 or 702-1500
Fax: (242) 327-1618 or 327-1620