Persons experiencing domestic violence issues can access counseling and intervention from the Family Services Unit of the Department of Social Services.
- Willingness to attend and participate in the counseling.
- Willingness to share information.
- Applicant visits the Family Services Unit or an Outreach Centre, requesting intervention from the Social Services Representative (SSR) or an Agency makes a referral.
- The intake process and form is then completed by an SSR.
- Contact is made by the SSR with all persons involved.
- Home and office visits are arranged for ongoing counseling.
- SSR refers to outer agency if necessary, for ongoing intervention and for family or individual counseling.
- SSR assists the applicant in relocating to a Safe House if necessary.
Intake Form which is completed by the Social Services Representative.
Completed referral form from an outer agency (if applicable).
There are no fees for this service.
Department of Social Services
Baillou Hill Road
Tel. (242) 502-2850 or 326-0526
Fax. (242) 323-8672