Immigration and Land Purchases
The Bahamas is a paradise for everyday living as well as a paradise for investment. Many investors in the country already call The Bahamas their home but it is easy for non-Bahamian investors and homeowners to obtain residency permits. Major international investors and owners of residences valued at BS$500,000.00 or more are given accelerated consideration for their annual or permanent residence applications.
All non-Bahamian residence owners can acquire a homeowner’s card. The card expedites the immigration process at all Bahamian ports of entry and entitles the homeowner, his/her spouse and minor children to enter and remain in The Bahamas for the duration of the validity of the card.
To simplify residential development, the government is expediting the processing of applications submitted in accordance with the International Persons Landholding Act, with the focus on the development of second homes, townhouses, condos and resort development.
- About The Bahamas
- Bahamas Agricultural and Industrial Corporation (BAIC)
- Bahamas Chamber of Commerce
- Bahamas Development Bank
- Bahamas Financial Services Board
- Bahamas Maritime Authority
- Bahamas Real Estate Association
- Bahamas Telecommunications Company (BaTelCo)
- Central Bank of The Bahamas
- Department of Customs
- Department of Immigration
- International Persons Landholding Act
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Tourism
- Registrar General’s Department
- Securities Commission of The Bahamas